Business Accreditation Qualification
To qualify as a business, you can certify one of the following:
- My business is a trust with total assets in excess of $5,000,000 whose purchase is directed by a person with such knowledge and experience in financial and business matters that such person is capable of evaluating the merits and risks of the prospective investment.
- My business is a bank, an investment adviser registered pursuant to Section 203 of the Advisers Act or registered pursuant to the laws of a state, any investment adviser relying on the exemption from registering with the SEC under Section 203(l) or (m) of the Advisers Act, an insurance company, an investment company registered under the United States Investment Company Act of 1940, as amended, a broker or dealer registered pursuant to Section 15 of the United States Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, a business development company, a Small Business Investment Company licensed by the United States Small Business Administration, a Rural Business Investment Company as defined in Section 384A of the Consolidated Farm and Rural Development Act, as amended, a plan with total assets in excess of $5,000,000 established and maintained by a state for the benefit of its employees, or a private business development company as defined in Section 202(a)(22) of the Advisers Act.
- My business is an employee benefit plan and either all investment decisions are made by a bank, savings and loan association, insurance company, or registered investment advisor, or the undersigned has total assets in excess of $5,000,000 or, if such plan is a self-directed plan, investment decisions are made solely by persons who are accredited investors.
- My business is a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, business trust, not formed for the purpose of acquiring the Securities, or an organization described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (the “Code”), in each case with total assets in excess of $5,000,000.
- My business is an entity in which all of the equity owners (in the case of a revocable living trust, its grantor(s)) qualify under any of the above subparagraphs, or, if an individual, each such individual has a net worth, either individually or upon a joint basis with such individual’s spouse or spousal equivalent, as applicable, in excess of $1,000,000 (within the meaning of such terms as used in the definition of “accredited investor” contained in Rule 501 under the Act), or has had an individual income in excess of $200,000 for each of the two most recent years, or a joint income with such individual’s spouse or spousal equivalent, as applicable, in excess of $300,000 in each of those years, and has a reasonable expectation of reaching the same income level in the current year.
- My business is an entity, of a type not listed in any of the paragraphs above, which was not formed for the specific purpose of acquiring the securities offered, owning investments in excess of $5,000,000.
- My business is a “family office,” as defined in rule 202(a)(11)(G)-1 under the Advisers Act, (i) with assets under management in excess of $5,000,000, (ii) that is not formed for the specific purpose of acquiring the securities offered, and (iii) whose prospective investment is directed by a person who has such knowledge and experience in financial and business matters that such family office is capable of evaluating the merits and risks of the prospective investment.